One of the loveliest flowers ever introduced to man is the Rose. When you think of giving someone a flower the first plant that pops out in your mind is the Rose. It is not only the most popular flower when it comes to romance but it is also symbolizes beauty, perfection and opulence. Let me give you some fun facts that you may want to know about Roses including its thorns.
- Rose has been believed to be first found in Europe, where even in the earlier days it was already a sign a beauty and love. Many have used the rose plant to favor their romantic life and even for health benefits.
- There are over a hundred cultivar of roses divided into 3 groups. The species, Old garden and the modern roses. This is something you want to look more into so you could introduce a new rose to your special one instead of the traditional red rose.
- There are no black roses. The black roses you see are only dark colored roses like maroon or maroon. Some even use the method of burning the roses to obtain the illusion of having a black rose.
- Some rose plants life can last more than a thousand years. Some rosebushes are even used to cover walls as a decoration and protection because of its thorns.
- We can eat roses. This is something I didn’t know until I was introduced to rose tea. A drink that has so many health benefits that you will be surprised to know. Roses are not just a good source of vitamin C but Vitamin A and B as well.
- It is the only flower that symbolizes 4 things Red rose: love, Pink rose: happiness, White rose: purity and Yellow rose: friendship
- Since the Middle Ages the rose has been used by the wealthy and elegant. Bath tubs or bath areas are filled with rose petals to release a magnificent aroma not only to serve as a perfume but to smoothen the skin.
Modern day study learned that the roses can also be used as an antibacterial, anti inflammatory, anti oxidants, and moisturizer.
- Rose thorns are not poisonous but it can give you a very mean wound. Thorns can give you “puncture wounds”. These are the wounds that go deeper in to your skin and invite or have dirt and bacteria pressed into the wound. The first thing you need to do is make sure you have pulled out the thorn completely and not even a small part of it is left into your skin. Wash the whole area to clear out any possible chemical used to grow the plant.
So now you can say more things about roses than just saying “roses are red. . . “ And you can grow them in your own back yard. Every good gardner needs some help, though! If you need fresh mulching to have your garden express its full, gorgeous potential, you might want to call Edgar! His trusty Knoxville Lawn Care company offers full-service landscaping, and Edgar works tirelessly to bring your vision of a lush and blooming lawn to life.
Plant your seeds, and reap the rewards! As the old Chinese proverb goes, the best time to plant your roses was years ago; the second best time is TODAY!